POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : invisible mesh from poser : Re: invisible mesh from poser Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: invisible mesh from poser
From: RAM
Date: 17 Dec 2008 09:25:00
Message: <web.49490b47496a2af2e1a2a7d10@news.povray.org>
FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Why don't you try to export to POV-Ray directly from within PoseRay? I
> was able to duplicate your problem with Moray and it will be fixed in
> the next release of PoseRay (hopefully this week). I suppose most people
> do not use Moray since it is not well behaved with POV-Ray 3.6 and the
> POV-Ray team is working on a newer version.
>
> Exporting to POV-Ray directly is much simpler. See the tutorial in the
> manual. The materials should not have any conflicts once the scene is
> imported into PoseRay.
>
> Let me know if you still have problems and I will look into it.
>
> later,
>

> FlyerX

You mean I found a... a... a BUG???  It has been since 1995 since I last found a
bug in Povray or Moray. I am thrilled!  ;)

Seriously, I don't export directly to Povray because the Poser data is only part
of my scene. Each of these programs is good at some things but not so good at
others. Poser is great for making and posing human figures, but its rendering
engine is nowhere near as sophisticated as Povray. It is also not as good at
building from primitives, something Moray excels at. So my plan is to build my
scene in Moray, import the figure from Poser using Poseray, and then render it
in Povray.

I will take a look at Bishop3D. Thanks for all the tips and advice folks.

Robert Mickelsen
www.robertmickelsen.com